Friday 25 February 2011

Day to day musings...

Why, hello again readers. If you exist.

I've spent a bit of time over the past few days musing over certain things in life. A prominent issue that I've been using my braincells on is this: Why is it, that there are some people in life who are NEVER single, unless by choice, yet there are others who are forever alone, with no say in the matter?

Now, this could easily be dismissed as a simple matter of physical appearance. After all, would you choose John C. Reilly over Leonardo DiCaprio? Or Jocelyn Wildenstein over Katy Perry? Of course you wouldn't.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that it all comes down to physical appearance. I know some people who wouldn't be considered attractive by most people that are ALWAYS either getting off with people in bars, having sex with people, turning people down all the time or in a relationship - of course I know MORE attractive people in this situation, but it doesn't nullify my point any. It just proves that physical appearance isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Now, some of you may agree, some of you may disagree. But I think of myself an average looking person. Sure, I'm not going to be on the cover of Men's Health anytime soon, but I don't think I'd be listed as the ugliest person in the world either. Therefore I feel as if I should have as much of a chance as any, to have the option to be turning down potential partners left right and centre as well.

This isn't one of those blogs where I turn into a sex-depraved, ego-centric, self-righteous, maniacal, depressed, attention-seeking arsehole, by the way. I'm aware that there are MANY, MANY factors and variables that come into play as far as this kind of thing goes, and I'm aware that I shouldn't expect to have someone served up on a plate to me. But have you ever looked at someone you know, who treats their partners like absolute shit, yet next thing you know, after being single again for 5 minutes, they have another partner? Does that seem right to you? Because it sure as shit doesn't seem right to me.

All I can say, is that the people who go years, and years, and years without having anyone will DEFINITELY not plan on letting go of their partners as easily as the person who has a new partner every week.

So when you're next on the prowl for a partner, ask yourself: Do you want to be a £5 disposable camera, or do you want to be that £5k Nikon D3x?

Think about it.

- Spudguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment