Thursday 31 March 2011

Back in Norfolk...

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.

Norfolk is one of those places that you can never REALLY escape from. I mean sure, I'm at Uni 130 miles away now, but I can guarantee that when I finish Uni, I'll be back. Maybe not for the rest of my life (at least I hope not...) but at least for a few months; maybe years.

The thing with Norfolk is that it's a nice place. I mean, if you're into the countryside and fresh air and old people. I'm happy I grew up here. I'd rather have grown up in Norfolk than in London, or Norwich, for example. It's just a nicer environment to raise a child in. Although the children won't think so until they have a chance to reflect on it, and the mid-teens are going to be pretty fucking rough on the parents for it - there's just nothing to do. In Fakenham the pubs close at 11pm, 12am/1am on a Friday & Saturday, which is damned early (In fact, the Garden House won't let anyone in after 11 - Most city clubs don't let anyone in BEFORE 11). To go looking around shops for CDs, or Vidya games, we're talking a 20 mile journey to either King's Lynn or Norwich. There isn't even a decent cinema here. What it does have though, is Schools, 6th Forms & parks. Places for KIDS.

Hell, as far as teenage life goes, the internet here is pretty piss poor too. Although I might be saying that from a comparison with my Fibre-Optic Uni connection.

Anyway, enough bitching. Norfolk is actually a very nice place if you're here for a few days, and you're not sick of it. It's great for a nice little get-away retreat. :3

I'm currently bored shitless, laying in bed with my netbook typing this blog, listening to the pure ambient bliss that is The Flashbulb's new album. The room in which I currently reside is soon to be my baby sister, Bo's. She's 9 months old now, so she can deal with living in my parent's room for a while. At least until my Mum's NEXT baby escapes from her Vagina in a couple of months.

From where I'm sitting, directly in front of my is a fairly desolate looking shelf, if a couple of baby toys just sitting there, alongside my Old Spice aftershave and 3 unopened packets of Lucky Strike cigarettes. To the right of the bookshelf is the box in which my new PC monitor came in - with a few Xbox games sitting on top of it. To the right of that, is my Xbox. Then in the middle of the room, to the right of my bed is the Box with Xbox came in, with my new monitor sat on it, plugged into my Xbox.

The Monitor is actually pretty impressive for the price of £130 - It's a nice full 1080P Resolution with a HDMI input, which is nice for playing my Xbox on. Only problem is it's lack of speakers, so I need to plug my headphones into it to hear anything. But I'm not going to complain with that price tag.

My bedside table is comprised of the usual half empty pack of smokes, a lighter, empty cans, mugs, a copy of 1984 by George Orwell and empty jaffa cake wrappers.

To fill my time since being here I've pretty much just played Xbox games. I've completed Dead Space 1 & 2 in the past few nights, and made a start on Crysis 2 last night. I've got to say though... I'm not a fan. I don't think I'll be playing much more of it.

One thing that has been quite a new thing to me is Twitter. I've known about it for ages obviously, but never really bothered to use it. But I quite like it now. :3 - Follow me: @spudguy

Anyway, I've got some boredom to attend. Catch you all later.

Spudguy

No comments:

Post a Comment